The 3rd Patient Advocate Conference
Building a Patient- and Family-Centered Healthcare System
The Professional Patient Advocate institute is proud to present the 2013 Patient Advocate Conference and Workshops, a set of interactive learning events designed to deliver critical intelligence and unique networking opportunities to patient advocates of all backgrounds. We invite you to join us December 5-6 for these invaluable events that will shed light on the emerging practice of patient advocacy, provide education to working advocates, and help promote a culture of clinical and professional competence that will improve the health and welfare of your clients.
By attending these events, you will:
- Enhance your skills as an advocate as you learn the strategies you need to meet the needs of consumers.
- Hear collaboration tactics you can use to gain access, information and resources from the healthcare team.
- Discover real-world solutions for navigating our complicated healthcare system, and much, much more.
The expert speakers at the conference and workshops will provide advice on how to improve your practice, regardless of the setting. The faculty is comprised of patient advocates from diverse backgrounds, ready to share real-world experiences, information and insights with you. Use their advice to enhance your practice, your skills and your outcomes.
This year's conference has been expanded to include three tracks, each highly tailored to address the unique challenges and opportunities faced by patient advocates of different backgrounds. With a Managed Care Track, Independent Track, and Hospital Track, you'll easily find sessions filled with critical information and strategies to improve your practice, regardless of the setting.
Attend the 3rd Annual Patient Advocate Conference and Workshops and learn:
- How to take the lead in guaranteeing patient- and family-centered care for your clients/patients.
- Strategies to improve negotiation and conflict resolution skills that produce win-win solutions.
- What value-based purchasing means to the role of the patient advocate.
- How to improve patient and family satisfaction.
- How to ensure that the care team works together to keep the patients' needs in focus.
- Innovative ways to enhance your patient advocacy practice.
- Collaborative techniques to improve the patient experience.
- Strategies to meet regulatory requirements.
- New ideas and solutions to ensure each patient is treated with respect.
- Much, much more!
In addition to the conference, we are excited to offer three pre-conference workshops, including the Professional Patient Advocate Workshop, Certificate in Hospital Patient Advocacy Workshop, and Case Management Accreditation: Understanding URAC Accreditation Standards and Process. Attend one of these workshops on December 5 to receive invaluable information and obtain valuable CEUs.
This year's events will be held at the stunning Loews Royal Pacific Resort in sunny Orlando, Florida, adjacent to the SeaWorld theme park. Take the opportunity to enjoy this beautiful setting as well as the amazing opportunity provided by these events.